Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Baby Entertainer?

Client Two is at that awkward stage right now where he's sort of interested in playing but not really able to play yet. He watches everything with interest but is still terribly uncoordinated. He tries his best to use his hands to get toys and other items to his mouth. He loves when you sing to him and sometimes he even tries to sing along. He can wiggle and scoot a little bit. He's really good at holding his head up nice and high and he can kick like a horse. But most of the time he pretty much just lies there watching me. I feel as if I should put on some sort of show on a regular basis, just to keep him entertained. But with a toddler running around this just not possible.

Honestly, I try to find time to play with both of my clients, but, let's face it, Client One is usually a lot easier and more fun to play with. She can actually do things besides lie there and giggle at her feet. You can only play peekaboo and "boop the nose" so many times before you just get tired of doing it. Client Two is usually quiet and content to be the silent observer as we go through our day, but sometimes I still feel guilty I don't play with him enough. And he's a heavy little fellow! I wish I could carry him around more but my back protests. I put him in his Jumper-roo and his swing and surround him with toys every time I set him down. He rarely complains. Instead he concentrates on grabbing a toy to gum to death.



I know that as he gets older he'll be more playful and easier to play with. He will have interests in specific things. One day I can't even let him watch TV with Client One without feeling guilty about delaying his brain development or whatever they say TV does to babies. Soon he will even be mobile and he will be able to get his own toys and entertain himself better. That day will be here before I know it. But until then, I have to struggle to find that balance between playing with him and letting him lie there and observe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom