Friday, April 4, 2014

Addicted

Hi. My name's Amber and I'm addicted to the dollar store.

It's true, I'm afraid. I have developed a true love for the dollar store, Dollar Tree in particular. They have just about everything you could desire. A good chunk of stuff for Client One's birthday party is coming from the dollar store. They have a pack of 80 candles for just a dollar. Awesome, right? And they also have those plastic table cloths and paper streamers for decorating and oodles of candy and goodie bag stuffers. They even have balloons.

But party stuff isn't all they have. Pretty much everything in my clients' Easter baskets is from the dollar store. I'm talking sunglasses, a chocolate bunny, stuffed bunny toys, an Easter book, egg shaped sidewalk chalk, a bunny sunglasses mask, sandbox toys, a Princess Sofia jump rope and, of course, candy. They even have super cute Easter baskets and buckets to put the stuff in.

The dollar store has great organizational stuff, too. Tons of buckets and baskets and containers in all sorts of fun colors. And there's food. Real food as well as chips and snacks and candy. They sell these things called "Muddy Bears" that are gummy bears covered in chocolate. They might sound gross but they are AMAZING! And, of course, the dollar store sells every day items. Client One picked out a Minnie Mouse hairbrush while we were at the dollar store earlier. This child HATES having her hair brushed but for a mere dollar I bought her a brush that she wanted that somehow magically does not hurt her hair. She spent about ten minutes just brushing her hair. I also got her a shiny spray bottle for monster spray to spray the monsters away at night.

The dollar store isn't great just for the merchandise. It's also the experience for my clients. Client One loves going to the dollar store because she gets a treat she can afford. She prances right in, her purse slung over her shoulder, and picks out a treat or two. Up at the register she pulls out her dollar bills and happily pays. She can even pay with spare change. She loves it and she feels so grown up. I love it because I don't have to price check everything. I know everything is a dollar so I don't have to worry that what she picks will be too expensive.

So, yeah. I'm completely addicted to the dollar store. I always check there for what I need before I go to another store. I love it and so do my clients and I don't imagine is giving it up any time soon. But, hey, there are more expensive addictions out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom