Sunday, March 16, 2014

Crazy Love

I waited in line at Chick-Fil-A last night for nearly two-and-a-half hours. It wasn't for their delicious chicken or their delightful lemonade. It was princess night with Elsa and Anna from Disney's Frozen. It seemed as if every little girl in a 50 mile radius turned out for the event, each one dressed up as a princess. And we, the crazy parents and grandparents, stood in the line that wrapped all around the building and into a neighboring parking lot.




Luckily for us, it was a nice day outside. Client Two slept through most of it. We stood in line and chatted, trying to keep Client One entertained. We looked around for colors and princesses. We danced. We did whatever we could. And the closer we got, the more excited she got. She couldn't wait.



Many people might ask if it was worth it. After all, you stand in line for hours only for a few minutes with the princesses. Many people showed up and left when they saw the ridiculous line. Some stood in line for awhile and then left before getting to the end. We didn't. We waited. Was it worth it? Yes. Every second. Because when we got to the end of that crazy line, my little princess was the happiest little princess in the world. She was meeting Anna and Elsa. Nothing could have been grander for her.




Look at the star-struck awe and wonder in those little brown eyes and tell me it wasn't worth it. Of course, when we had to leave, she cried. Heartbreaking tears. She wanted to stay and play and eat with them. She didn't understand why she had to leave. We cheered her up with pictures of her with the princesses and with a video we took of them together. We then went home and watched Frozen while we munched on our dinner. (We got our chicken to-go.)

Yes, we were crazy, but I don't regret it at all. I know that I will do many more crazy things for both my kids. Why? Because I love them. They get as much time and money as I can give. That's why I became a stay-at-home mom. I want to spend time with them, doing what they love and sharing in their interests. Did I care if Anna and Elsa were at Chick-Fil-A. Not one bit. But Client One did and that's all that mattered.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom