Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow, Snow and more Snow

I like snow. It's fluffy and white and fun to play in. This time, however, I'm not quite so happy with the snow.

Today was supposed to be the day that client number two arrived. He should be here by now, all cute and stuff, but he's not. He is still somersaulting around inside me using my internal organs as a trampoline. The snow and ice piling on the roads was just enough to leave us trapped indoors for another day.

More snow, however, means more snow fun! The day brought more snow angels and snowball fights. My client also decided to build a snow family. That's right- a family. We had to have the mommy, daddy, big sister and baby brother snowmen. They are all lined right up in the yard and my little client is quite proud of them all. She occasionally looks out the window and declares that everyone look at her snowmen. She will be really upset when this snow melts away, and, if I had all the super powers children (and sometimes husbands) like to pretend mommies have, I would keep the snow another day just for her (as long as I could use those super powers to magically fly to the hospital). Hopefully, though, the arrival of the new client will be enough of a distraction for her that she won't mind quite so much.

Of course, being "stranded" with extra people means that the food supply dwindles a little faster. In an attempt to feed everybody delicious food for lunch, I whipped up a batch of homemade pizza dough. It was delicious! It's part of the SAHM gene inside me that makes me want to make a bunch of stuff from scratch. Unfortunately, as a working mom, I was often too tired to make a lot of the stuff I wanted to make, but now, being home more often, should allow me more opportunities. I know I'll still be tired and frustrated, like with any job, but it will be doing something I love with the people I love.

And I can't wait.


Snow Fun:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom