Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting Down to Business

Well, client number two has been home a full week now, so I guess it's time to get down to business, or at least start trying to get the hang if this SAHM thing. I tried putting together a semblance of a schedule.

We started our day with breakfast. I actually cooked and made eggs while client number one kept an eye on number two. Most two (almost three) year-olds are responsible, right? After breakfast we had our Bible time. Today we learned about how God made Eve special and how He made everyone special. We even made a little book with pictures my client drew talking about how she was special. After Bible time we learned about the letter "A."

Now, you may think I'm getting ahead of the game trying to teach my client her letters as she is not yet three, but I figure if we learn one letter a week we can go through the whole alphabet twice in a year. She won't be reading, but at least she might be ready to learn by the time she's four. Anyhow, I downloaded two alphabet books onto my Nook (how handy is technology????) and we read them to go along with an "A" craft. The books, both by Julie Sonnen, were The Animal Alphabet: An Animal ABC Book for Children and My Alligator's New Tricks: An ABC Rhyming Story Book for Children Learning the Alphabet. Both were truly adorable stories that taught the alphabet and my client loved them. We then made an alligator out of the letter "A." My client was so pleased with the craft we had to make two alligators.

After craft time I was tired of being creative for the day so we made some Jell-O and ate spaghetti is before going on a nice walk around the block. It was my second client's first walk but he pretty much slept through it. We spent most of the rest of the afternoon (minus nap time) enjoying the nearly perfect weather outside.

All in all, it was a pleasant and successful day where nobody died. Who can complain?


Client Number One making her "A" alligator.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom