Friday, May 9, 2014

Birthday Fun

Birthdays are awesome! They're days you get all to yourself (unless you're a twin😁). In our family, birthdays are to be celebrated. Today was Client One's birthday and the day was mostly all about her. 


Apparently, it is a tradition in my husband's family to have a "birthday waffle" for breakfast. We have continued that tradition. Ever since her first birthday, Client One has started her birthday with a waffle with a candle in it. This year I made her birthday cake waffles using a bit of confetti cake mix in the waffle batter. She also always eats her birthday breakfast with a birthday Mylar. 


After breakfast we had to head to the doctor for her annual check-up. She's always a good sport at the doctor. Plus, they had this awesome, giant horse they let her play with. 


After the doctor, we swung by my old workplace (an awesome little bakery) and Client One got to pick out a special treat. Then, we headed home to feed Client Two and drop him off at Frandma's so we could have girl time.

Our first stop was lunch at Zaxby's. She's part of their Kidz Club, so she had a coupon for a free meal. I even let her get a cookie for dessert. 


After lunch I told her we would go anywhere she wanted. She chose the zoo. So, off we headed to look at animals for an hour. I even used some of her birthday money to sign her up for a membership since the zoo is pretty much her favorite place.


The zoo wore her out and she actually fell asleep in the car on the way home. At the end of the day, we ended up at her Nanny and Poppy's house where she got to blow out candles on a Hello Kitty chocolate chip cookie. Yum!


And that was her third birthday! I can't believe how quickly it got here! I swear, it was just yesterday that she was a tiny little baby no more than a few hours old! She's even changed and grown so much in the last year. Part of me misses my baby girl, but the other part of me is excited by watching her turn into the smart, beautiful, sweet girl she's becoming. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom