Friday, December 5, 2014

Day Five of Christmas Fun

Last night, after returning from his visit with Santa, it seems Bell made good friends with our Penguin salt and pepper shakers. They got together and made a fun snowman from marshmallows, sprinkles and chocolate in a powdered sugar snow. Client One was delighted to see her silly elf's fun this morning and did not even seem to notice that he did not bring her a gift this morning.

Our activity today, as dictated by our penguin advent calendar, was to go to Bob Jones University for their lighting ceremony. 

Obviously, this was one of the planned (and rigged) events. It is also a tradition that we do every year and something I actually did when I was a child, myself. We met some family at a local pizza place for a quick dinner before heading over to the campus. We found a good spot and enjoyed some Christmasy treats. The ceremony started with some fun Christmas caroling as it got darker and darker. Then, at the high note of the second verse of O Holy Night, the entire campus lit up. I love watching the expressions of my clients more than I actually like seeing all the Christmas lights come on. Client One was in awe. Client Two was very fussy, but he stopped fussing to look around. All in all it was a nice evening.

When we got home, Client One got to pick out her Christmas book. Tonight she chose My Penguin, Osbert by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel. I love this story. It is sweet and cute and the illustrations are wonderful. Client One loves penguins so this book is right up her alley and I am sure we will read it a million more times before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom