Sunday, November 30, 2014

Citrus Lane Box Review- November

Another month brings yet another Citrus Lane box! This month, the shipping was extra slow due to bad weather in some of the states the boxes pass through, but once they finally arrived they were a big hit! As Client One saw her box, she immediately started jumping up and down and asking if she could open it.

Client One's box definitely appealed to her creative, artsy side. She received watercolor crayons and a watercolor pad form Faber-Castell, Clean Well hand wipes and a Barefoot Books 36 piece puzzle.

Box for a 3.5 year old girl. Sign up here!

We have received Faber Castell items in previous boxes (beeswax crayons and double-tipped markers) and I have fallen in love with this company. They are basically professional quality art supplies for kids. I totally steal them from Client One on occasion for my own art needs. Now, normally I would not shell out a bunch of money for art supplies for Client One but I love these. The colors are always bright and vibrant. The watercolor crayons were no exception. Client One had fun coloring and painting by herself and with her daddy and I. The only reason she even stopped was because bedtime snuck up on her. The watercolor crayons and the watercolor pad were a major hit! 

The Animal Boogie puzzle from Barefoot Books was another hit. Client One is really into puzzles right now and she is getting rather good at them. She has also been watching Wild Kratts on Netflix a lot lately so the jungle theme excited her. I like the bright colors and fun animals pictures. The puzzle also seems pretty durable despite being cardboard. I even like the little box it goes in. Client One had already put it together half a dozen times, so I foresee this getting a lot of use.


The last item in Client One's box wasn't very exciting to her but I was excited to see it in her box! I actually got to choose from a couple of items and the hand wipes were what I selected. These wipes are perfect for cleaning up Client One after a messy craft, especially paint. They are also nice to have on hand when dinner for either client gets a little messy. I love having these handy and am very glad to get them since the pack I currently had (from a previous box a few months back) is almost empty!





This month I aged Client Two's box up by a year so he could receive items that I could set aside for his birthday and Christmas. His box included a Barefoot Book, a snack from Annie's, Plan Toys cutting food and a chunky puzzle from Melissa and Doug.

Box for a boy with a February 2013 birthday. Sign up here!

I absolutely love Barefoot Books. They have cute story lines, bright illustrations and entertain while teaching. Client Two's book was Bear Takes a Trip and helped to introduce some time concepts. It was a fun little story. I stashed it away to put in Client Two's stocking, but first I read it to him just to see how he would react. The pictures captured his attention very well and he grinned the whole time. Granted, some of the concepts he won't understand for a while, but I love having books to grow with.

I don't know if it was the bright orange packaging or if he knew it was food, but as soon as we opened up Client Two's box he had to have his snack. He pulled it out immediately and sat there grinning. I love Annie's snacks because they are all natural and Client Two loves them because they are tasty. A coupon also accompanied the snack so I see even more Annie's snack in the very near future.
Plan Toys is another one of the companies I was not aware of before I started receiving Citrus Lane boxes. I love Plan Toys products. Since I aged Client Two's box up by a year, the cutting veggies were definitely outside his skill zone. Client One has received Plan Toys cutting food previously in a box so I know the quality is great and they are super fun.


The Melissa and Doug chunky dinosaur puzzle also caught Client Two's attention. The colors were nice and bright and the pieces will be easy for him to hold and manipulate. I know he won't be putting the puzzle together any time soon, but in the meantime he will be able to enjoy playing with and gnawing on the fun dinosaur pieces. Shortly after he opened the box, I actually also stashed this away for a future Christmas or birthday present.


All in all I must admit that we had another month of great boxes! Everything will get used and played with and everything is great quality and well worth the money. If you are interested in getting a box next month, sign up now! Use this link to get half off your first box! Then, you can have this big smiles at your house, too!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom