Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Christmas Stash

Only 81 days until Christmas!!!!

I know. I know. It's barely October and here I am talking about Christmas. Hold your snowballs. Trust me, we don't start celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving. That's the rule in our house. (But once Thanksgiving comes, all bets are off and we go all out!) Whenever I walk into a store and see a massive Christmas section, I start off on my "It's not even Halloween yet" rant. But I do start my Christmas shopping early to get as many great deals as I can. I'm aware that the idea of Christmas shopping is something that makes most people want to hide in a deep, dark corner until Christmas has passed. I, however, look forward to everything Christmas and that includes shopping. Of course, by the time Christmas actually arrives my shopping has been done for weeks. I know, you hate me, right?

When I say my Christmas shopping starts early, I mean I am almost done. Well, I'm almost done shopping for my clients, anyhow. I'll need to pick up presents for other family members closer to Christmas since for some of them we actually draw names. I decided a couple of months ago that I wanted to replace all the old, moldy bath toys at Christmas. Most of those toys have been hanging around since Client One was a baby! I've recently discovered Boon bath toys and I love them. I've been accumulating these toys little by little and adding them to my stash. Since I now own just about every toy may by Boon (including the Frog Pod to store the toys in) I think we're good.


In addition to all the awesome bath toys, I've also managed to stash away a few other small gifts that will mostly be used as stocking stuffers. These include Ouchies, books, crayons, coloring books and fun little things like that. I also managed to snag a cute pink tool set by Green Toys for Client One as one of her main gifts. Now, I just need a main gift for Client Two and maybe a couple more stocking stuffers. The best part of my collection is that I barely paid anything. Most of these items came from deals with Citrus Lane and many were free with credits and codes. A few other things I've picked up at clearance sales at Barnes and Noble and Target. Of course, when all the big Christmas sales start up I'll be tempted to add an item or two to their Christmas lists. 

I also have a few little gifts stashed away for other people. Not big gifts, but those kinds of gifts that you give away to teachers and friends. I stocked up on many of these things at the after Christmas sales last year. I have a decent supply of candles and candle holders, all with a Christmas theme, and some little candy tins to fill with homemade goodies. I always keep my eye out for good deals on great little gift items throughout the year as well and add them to my stash. Pretty much any time I am in any store I check out the clearance sections and start buying up little things to store away for gifts. My stash closet is practically overflowing. It drives Hubby crazy! But I like the fact that I can give people decent gifts without going broke.

Christmas is coming, ready or not! I can't wait! Honestly, it needs to come quickly or I will find more and more things to buy! My poor closet can't hold much more! I've planned ahead and it's going to be great!







2 comments:

  1. I've already started my shopping too! :D mostly from Zulily, so I'm still waiting on it. I paid about $70 for stuff that would normally be close to $200! But... it's Zulily so I'm still waiting on it to ship lol It was too good of a deal to pass up however :) And thanks to you cluing me into Citrius Lane there's more coming ^_^ I just need some smaller gifts to go under the tree and then stocking stuff. I LOVE Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great spoiling your kid without spending a ton of money! Christmas is going to be epic!

      Delete

Follow Me on Instagram: @mylifeasasahmom